Ghillie Basan is an award-winning author of over 40 cookbooks. A writer, journalist and broadcaster, she has travelled the world extensively to research different cooking traditions and has acquired an expertise on the use of spices. But her heart is in the remote hills of the Scottish Highlands where she hosts cookery workshops and culinary experiences, combining spices with whiskey. People come from all over the world to cook with Ghillie and experience her wild lifestyle. Her latest book, Spirit & Spice (Kitchen Press) is a celebration of this lifestyle, the food and the whisky and her new podcast, also called Spirit & Spice, celebrates the characters and stories behind food in Scotland.
- Acclaimed Swedish Chef Magnus Nilsson Returns for Food On The Edge 2020
- Super Early Bird Tickets for Food On The Edge 2020 Available until 31st December
- Galway Bay Brewery Create A Collaborative Brew to Celebrate the Food On The Edge Theme of Migration
- The Food On The Edge 2019 Schedule is Officially Unveiled at Programme Launch in the Druid Theatre on Culture Night
- Food On The Edge 2019 Officially Launches