The cooking style of Heinz Reitbauer reflects his respect and appreciation of raw ingredients and products. He has constructed his own cooking identity on these foundations and through his embracing of the national and regional cooking styles of his native Austria. This style consists first and foremost of the meticulous creation of small moments of surprise for the diner, be this through the discovery of a previously unknown ingredient or the resurrection of one long forgotten. Heinz claims the key to his success is the longstanding, intricate and ever expanding network of farmers, gardeners, foragers, botanists and food enthusiasts he has nurtured over the years who never cease to provide him with inspiration and motivation. His appreciation for rare and forgotten varieties has led him to become active in the protest movement against the EU seed policy which seeks to limit the propagation and sale of all but the most standard fruits and vegetables. Currently Steirereck holds 2** Michelin stars, 4 Toques from Gault Millau.Voted best restaurant in Austria by “à la carte”-and Falstaff Guide . Since 2009 among the Worlds 50Best Restaurants and awarded the inaugural Slow Food UK award in 2012. In September 2016 Heinz Reitbauer was named Austrian Chef of the Century by Gault Millau.
- ‘Food On The Edge Ambassador Programme’ Announced at Food On The Edge 2019 Launch in London
- ‘Food On The Edge London’ – 20th May, 2019
- Food On The Edge 2019 to be hosted in Galway as First Round of Confirmed Speakers are Announced | #FOTE2019
- FOTE2018 Programme Launch
- Early Bird Ticket Rate for Food On The Edge 2018 Closing Soon