James Coffey was born in County Limerick in 1979. Michelin Starred Chef, Aidan McGrath was his first mentor and after a number of years and with his encouragement, James ventured to London to complete his training in a number of inspiring Michelin Star Restaurants. Ireland called him home and he worked in a number of 5 * hotels, moving through the ranks before taking over as Executive Chef in the world-renowned Park Hotel Kenmare. He is an avid hunter, forager and conservationist and in Kenmare he found the perfect restaurant to form and cook his style of food- cooking local, ethical food and working with the local farmers, fisherman and growers who surround and supply the hotel. He is surrounded by a great team and is proud of having attained RAI Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2018 and The Ireland Guide 2019 Chef of the Year.
- Food On The Edge Announces Four Co-Curators for 2020 Symposium
- Acclaimed Swedish Chef Magnus Nilsson Returns for Food On The Edge 2020
- Super Early Bird Tickets for Food On The Edge 2020 Available until 31st December
- Galway Bay Brewery Create A Collaborative Brew to Celebrate the Food On The Edge Theme of Migration
- The Food On The Edge 2019 Schedule is Officially Unveiled at Programme Launch in the Druid Theatre on Culture Night