Born in Mexico City, after studying Culinary Arts & Administration at the Centro Culinario de México, Jorge took his talents to the seas, aboard Princess Cruise Lines. Back on land in Mexico, he joined the team at Pujol and then served as Corporate Chef at Grupo Habita. In 2010, Vallejo ascended to his first executive chef role at Restaurant Diana in the Hotel St. Regis, Mexico City. After a stint in the kitchen at Rene Redzepi’s Noma, Vallejo and his wife, Alejandra Flores returned to Mexico City to open Quintonil in the Polanco neighbourhood. In 2014, alongside Chefs Mauro Colagreco (Mirazur; Menton, France) and Virgilio Martínez (Restaurante Central, Lima), Vallejo launched the initiative known as Orígenes, to re-encounter and preserve culinary products, techniques and customs that survive in small Latin American communities. Since then, the chefs have journeyed to small towns throughout the Americas to research customs and share experiences and teachings with local populations.
- Food On The Edge Announces Four Co-Curators for 2020 Symposium
- Acclaimed Swedish Chef Magnus Nilsson Returns for Food On The Edge 2020
- Super Early Bird Tickets for Food On The Edge 2020 Available until 31st December
- Galway Bay Brewery Create A Collaborative Brew to Celebrate the Food On The Edge Theme of Migration
- The Food On The Edge 2019 Schedule is Officially Unveiled at Programme Launch in the Druid Theatre on Culture Night