Born in Mexico City, after studying Culinary Arts & Administration at the Centro Culinario de México, Jorge took his talents to the seas, aboard Princess Cruise Lines. Back on land in Mexico, he joined the team at Pujol and then served as Corporate Chef at Grupo Habita. In 2010, Vallejo ascended to his first executive chef role at Restaurant Diana in the Hotel St. Regis, Mexico City. After a stint in the kitchen at Rene Redzepi’s Noma, Vallejo and his wife, Alejandra Flores returned to Mexico City to open Quintonil in the Polanco neighbourhood. In 2014, alongside Chefs Mauro Colagreco (Mirazur; Menton, France) and Virgilio Martínez (Restaurante Central, Lima), Vallejo launched the initiative known as Orígenes, to re-encounter and preserve culinary products, techniques and customs that survive in small Latin American communities. Since then, the chefs have journeyed to small towns throughout the Americas to research customs and share experiences and teachings with local populations.
- FOTE2018 Programme Launch
- Early Bird Ticket Rate for Food On The Edge 2018 Closing Soon
- Top Irish Chefs To Come Together For The National Launch of #FOTE2018
- Food On The Edge 2018 Attracts Best Chefs in the World as First Round of Speakers is Announced – #FOTE2018
- NUIG Announced as Venue for Food On The Edge 2018