Karissa Becerra is a cook, writer and designer but, above all, she is an activist who seeks to transform the relationship we build with food from childhood. She was one of the ten finalists to the Basque Culinary World Prize in 2018. With a background in philosophy and anthropology, Becerra teaches children and adults to think while learning how to eat consciously, convinced this is where big changes start. Her most ambitious project is “La Revolución” (The Revolution), a non-profit association which actively trains and educates people since 2015, aiming to generate an emotional connection between people and food. With the funds raised by these workshops – in which thousands of children, parents and educators have participated – Becerra is taking food education to public schools of Perú, while pressing for its inclusion in the curriculum of Peruvian public education.
- Food On The Edge 2019 to be hosted in Galway as First Round of Confirmed Speakers are Announced | #FOTE2019
- FOTE2018 Programme Launch
- Early Bird Ticket Rate for Food On The Edge 2018 Closing Soon
- Top Irish Chefs To Come Together For The National Launch of #FOTE2018
- Food On The Edge 2018 Attracts Best Chefs in the World as First Round of Speakers is Announced – #FOTE2018