Madeline McKeever, founder of Brown Envelope Seeds and Ardagh Organic Beef, hails from Meath, running her operation in Skibberreen in West of County Cork. Growing up in a farming family, Madeline’s first venture in to seeds and plant cultivation was through her studies in botany. An eager organic grower she was a supporter of Irish Seed Savers Association and then ventured in to her own seed production enterprise. Setting up in 2002 her first catalogue of open pollinated seeds was launched in 2004 and since then grows over 100 varieties of seed selecting those that perform well and further adapt them to the Irish climate, growing unusual grains such as amaranth and quinoa and are also particularly interested in tomatoes and have about 50 different varieties. Brown Envelope Seeds is a family business and is also part of the Open Source Seed initiative.
- FOTE2018 Programme Launch
- Early Bird Ticket Rate for Food On The Edge 2018 Closing Soon
- Top Irish Chefs To Come Together For The National Launch of #FOTE2018
- Food On The Edge 2018 Attracts Best Chefs in the World as First Round of Speakers is Announced – #FOTE2018
- NUIG Announced as Venue for Food On The Edge 2018